The source for Subaru reviews, Subaru news, and much more.
Revised Lineup for 2011 Subaru Forester
Entering the third year of the third generation, the Forester lineup is rearranged some for 2011, with the Touring taking over as the top model from the Limited in the turbocharged XT models. The 2.5X lineup is now Premium, Limited and Touring. The XT retains its turbocharged engine from the 2010 model.
The normally aspirated 2.5X models get a new engine with slightly larger displacement. It’s still 2.5 liters and, of course, horizontally opposed. Horsepower is the same—170, but peaking at a slightly lower RPM and torque is up to 174 lb.-ft. from 170. Fuel economy for manual and automatic transmission is 21 mpg city and 27 mpg highway, up from 20/27 for the manual and 20/26 for the automatic.
The new 2.5X Touring features HID headlights with automatic height adjustment; display audio system with backup camera; dual-zone, automatic climate control; silver finish roof rails, electroluminescent gauges; and side mirrors with integrated turn signals.
There’s a host of small changes across the entire lineup, including:
- Standard Bluetooth on all but the base model.
- A 10-way power driver’s seat for the 2.5XT Premium.
- A backup camera is now standard on the 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring, part of a new audio system.
- A new standard audio system for both Premium models, which includes AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth® hands free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio capability.
- The 2.5X Premium offers an optional Tom Tom nav system with a removable touch-screen, portable device for use when out of the vehicle, along with an AM/FM/CD/DVD single-disc audio system with six speakers, auxiliary input, Bluetooth hands-free calling, iPod control capability and USB port. An optional backup camera can be added to the system.
- For the 2.5X Limited and Touring and 2.5XT Touring, the new audio system with rear camera includes AM/FM/CD/DVD single-disc player and six speakers, 4.3-inch display screen, aux input, Bluetooth for phone and audio streaming, iPod control, USB port and Sirius Satellite Radio. The backup camera is an option on the 2.5X Limited.
- A driver’s up/down window on all but the base model; 17-inch alloy wheels for the 2.5X Premium; and a body-color roof spoiler on 2.5XT models.
Pricing and availability haven’t yet been announced.
* * *
Read more Subaru news on this blog Subscribe for the latest
More from Subaru in the News
Previous post: Travis Pastrana Races To A Record In A Subaru WRX STI
Next post: Subaru Announces Pricing On 2011 Forester